Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2000 07:26:17 +0000
From:      David Bauer <bauer@genprofile.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3Com(USR) 56k modem card 3056

Hi,

thanks to all for the hints but no solution yet.
It's an older notebook without IR and USB. There is a build-in sound. I
configured it to see if it's really sitting on 5 and its working.
So 3,10,11,15 should be free. I tried different combinations of pcmcia
management irq and modem irq (also with assigning them via
boot/loader.conf) all with the same 'hanging' result. I do not have a
PNP bios so the PNPBIOS options don't work.

I found a notice in the modem descriptions saying that this modem is
designed for M$ Windows. I thought that PCMCIA is a standard which
should be independent from the operating system. Is it possible to make
a modem which works only under Windows and not under DOS or any other
operating system? I would not expect 3Com-USR doing such things.....

David.