Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:36:57 +0200
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Freebsd vs. UPS

I need to get some protection for our servers and I need to
know if FreeBSD supports the almighty APC UPS (shutting the
servers down in the worst case and rebooting them when power
is back, is enough...) with some port.

I also wonder if anyone can comment on quality APC delivers and
if I need to get their expensive enhancement kits to connect more
than one server to an UPS or if I can do some custom hack to get
them shutdown when needed (looks like I'll get the 1400VA
version, not yet sure if I want to spend the extra
money for the 19" version, though, another interesting option would be
two 650 or three 500 VA ones ;-). Comments on other
brands would be appreciated as well.

Best regards,
 Gabriel