Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 1999 14:28:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Sconiers <jrs@enteract.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   -current problems

I'm running 4.0-current using a snapshot(not using PAO)  from 5-20-99 on a
dell Latitude.  I installed over 3.2 and it works fine.  I attempted to
build a new kernel.  The kernel config and make went ok however the make
install caused the machine to crash and reboot.  I figured it was because
I installed on top of 3.2.  I attempted to reinstall 4.0 from a snap cd
that uses a 4.0 boot image however I kept getting panic messeges.  If I
use a 3.2 boot image and a 4.0 cd the install is successful but I can't
change the kernel.  Is this a known issue??  Is it fixed??

JOHN