Date:      Sat, 12 May 2001 14:46:22 -0500
From:      Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make installworld fails on: devascii

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 08:12:54PM +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 07:33:02AM -0500, Doug Poland wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm attempting to move from 4.2-STABLE to 4.3-STABLE and experienced
> > an error during make installworld.  Here's what I see...
> >
> > ===> gnu/usr.bin/groff/font/devascii
> > Making R
> > expr: not found
> > *** Error code 127
> >
> > Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/groff/font/devascii
> > *** Error code 1
> >

> > I've tried it twice and if stops at the same place with the
> > same error.  Any suggestions?
> >
> I remember having seen this problem before, but I don't recall
> exactly what it was caused by.  Might worth checking the $PATH
> from within src/gnu/usr.bin/groff/font/Makefile.

Curious, I just compared the makefile to another machine (both
cvsup'd at the same time).  The problem machine has

SUBDIR=		filename1 filename2 filename3 ...\
 			filenamex filenamey filenamez ...\
			devascii ... ...
(sorry I don't have the exact names)

The other machine (which built and installed correctly) has:

SUBDIR=		contrib doc font man src tmac

Why is there a difference?  Can I just tar the entire subdir
from good machine to the one in question?

Thanks,

Doug