Date:      Mon, 4 May 2009 10:55:17 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
Subject:   Re: [not completely SOLVED] acroread8 does not print any more

On Sunday 26 April 2009 1:56:01 pm Rainer Hurling wrote:
> A few days ago I reported about problems when I try to print from
> acroread8. For all but one of my systems the problem is solved now, see
> below.
>
> On one system I also totally cleaned up the linux emulator part and
> installed everything from the scratch. Now when I try to print I get the
> following message:

> Beim Drucken ist folgender Fehler aufgetreten...
> '/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/compat/libc.so.6: version
> GLIBC_2.2.4 required by /usr/local/Adobe/Reader8/DEU/
> Adobe/Reader8/Reader/intellinux/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 not
> defined'
>
> libc.so.6 is from misc/compat6x. I am not able to detect any relevant
> differences between my systems.

You need a Linux libc.so.6 in /compat/linux.  You need to install an RPM that
contains this into /compat/linux (probably called something
like 'compat-libc').  Probably it would be nice to have a port for this (or
include it in the linux base port) for acroread8 to depend on.  I think this
is a ports@ issue though.

--
John Baldwin