Date:      Thu, 28 Apr 2011 21:46:25 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GPT & dump-partition

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 15:59:44 +0200 Ollivier Robert
<roberto@keltia.freenix.fr> wrote:

> According to Alexander Leidinger:
> > I want to give GPT a try and I have a question so far.
> >
> > Which type do I configure for a kernel-dump partition, freebsd-swap,
> > freebsd, or something else?
>
> See gpart(8) for the list of recognized partition types.

The list I presented above was based upon reading gpart(8). There is one
mention of the word "dump", and it is for the backup command of gpart
(so not related). There is no mention of "core" or "save" or "crash".
My guess would have been freebsd-swap, and in another mail I got
informed that this is what is used by other people.

Bye,
Alexander.