Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2013 18:00:50 +0000
From:      Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
To:        Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LSI 9260: is there a way to configure it JBOD like mps?

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru> wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I'm currently in process of making new backup server, based on LSI 9260
> controller.  I'm planning to use ZFS over disks, hence the most natural way
> seems to configure mfi to JBOD mode - but I can't find easy way to reach this,
> neither in BIOS utilities nor via MegaCli
>
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks!

9260 should be SAS-2008 based, so mps(4) not mfi(4).

The internet[1] suggests that this card should be flashable to a
9211-8i with IT mode firmware, which is just about the ultimate ZFS
card, instant-JBOD on inserting a disk, passthru for SMART, high
performance, etc.

Cheers

Tom

[1] http://blog.grem.de/sysadmin/LSI-SAS2008-Flashing-2012-04-12-22-17.html