Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 10:16:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        archie@tribe.com (Archie Cobbs)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sharing interrupts

> Does FreeBSD allow sharing interrupts between different devices?
> And if so, howabout ed0 and ed1 in particular.

The ISA interrupt decode logic (hardware) does not allow sharing of
interrupts.

Interrupts can be shared for specially configured EISA and PCI
devices.

Interrupts can be shared for master/slace multiport serial cards,
but this requires some kind of card interconnect for it.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.