Date:      Fri, 02 Dec 2005 17:14:17 -0600
From:      Mark Kane <mark@mkproductions.org>
To:        Robert <rmendal@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network Config Issue...

--------------enig0DF72F1EE92E553CF73C457D

Robert wrote:
> I'm setting up my NIC in fbsd 6 and I can't find where I saved my ISP's
> domain address.
>
> It used to be something like "westln01.mi.comcast.net" (without the quotes)
> but that doesn't work. I've tried some variations but nothing so far.
> Comcast was very unhelpful.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to find that info?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob

I'm not sure of your exact setup, but you probably won't need that info.
If this is on a home connection and you plan to use it behind a router
or something, you can put in pretty much anything for the
hostname/domain (for example, mine is "amd64.localhost"). If it's
directly into a cable modem then maybe try via DHCP or however they
assign addresses.

An easy way to find that info out though is here:

http://ipchicken.com/

At the bottom it lists your reverse DNS. You could also do a nslookup on
your IP to get it.

-Mark

--
GnuPG Public Key:
http://www.mkproductions.org/mk_pubkey.asc

Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com
Rock 101.9 The Edge (Rock) - http://www.rock1019.net

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)