Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 2002 12:57:08 -0500
From:      Erik Greenwald <erik@smluc.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question on update policy

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 07:48:32PM +0200, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 12:33:03 -0500 Erik Greenwald wrote:
>
> > I submitted a port (lang/gauche) the other day, then later that day a
> > major release happened, I've already gotten the port for it set up, I
> > need to know how to go about submitting it. Should I ask for the old one
> > to be closed and ignored, then submit the new version like a first time?
> > or should I send a diff of the update?
>
> if the port has not been submitted yet, i'd say add a new shar to the
> audit trail. if it has already been committed you should open a new PR
> and send patches.

ok, will do, cvsup'd again to make sure it's not in, could someone mark
ports/40778 as closed? a little bit of touch-up and I'll send-pr the new
one :) thnx

--
        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.