Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 2003 02:06:32 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Michael Graffam <mgraffam@mathlab.sunysb.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TeXmacs port

On 2003-02-06 17:37, Michael Graffam <mgraffam@mathlab.sunysb.edu> wrote:

> Who is maintaining the GNU TeXmacs port to FreeBSD?
>
> The port is somewhat out-of-date: 1.0.1 is the current stable release,
> the FreeBSD port is 1.0.0.

You should first try contacting the existing port maintainer.  Looking
from the Makefile of /usr/ports/editors/texmacs, this would be:

	MAINTAINER=     mainland@apeiron.net

> So I am in an ideal position to maintain this port for FreeBSD since I
> need the latest releases anyhow for further Octave/TeXmacs development.
>
> That I'm in a position to help the FreeBSD project as well is a happy
> state of affairs, and I'd love to pounce on the opportunity.
>
> So, is there someone specific I should email about all this?

You are always welcome to contact freebsd-ports@freebsd.org or submit
patches that update the port.  Courtesy requires though that before
making any widespread changes to the port, you should try to contact
the existing port maintainer.

- Giorgos