Date:      Sat, 4 Sep 1999 18:05:55 -0700
From:      Mr.M <mistrM@socal.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  Local DoS in FreeBSD

Please excuse me.  With all the bugs, exploits, and vulnerabilities in the
various programs and OSes I run I've gotten a little confused.

The vulnerability you are discussing in this threat is called testsockbuf.c?
Which was reported on Aug. 9th.  If so, I must have missed it.

My question is what about the Multiple Vendor Shared Memory Denial of Service
Attack (vm-dos.c) that was posted on bugtraq on July 15?  This supposedly
effected all the BSDs and Linux.

Has this been verified and patched?  Any information on this would be greatly
appreciated.  Please correct me if anything I have posted is incorrect.

TIA,

Mario Paz