Date:      Sat, 08 Nov 1997 20:20:07 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        Michael Reifenberger <root@totum.plaut.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Probs with PPP(ISDN) Zyxel->Ascend under -current

> Hi,
> after upgrading my Laptop to -current I can't dialin into a
> ASCEND-400 using iijppp. It worked with 2.2.2, win95 also.
> Ascend firmware is +5.0Ap16+
> The ascendlog states:
>         Acct-Authentic = Local
>         Ascend-Disconnect-Cause = 65
>         Ascend-Connect-Progress = 42
>
> It is strange, that I don't see my User-Name, only my Caller-ID.
>
> /var/log/ppp.log shows:
[.....]
> Nov  8 18:08:27 nihil ppp[250]: Phase: Modem: 2 octets in, 307 octets out
> Nov  8 18:08:27 nihil ppp[250]: Phase: NewPhase: Dead

Does changing your MRU to 1524 make a difference ?  This stuff hasn't
really changed, but technically, ppp shouldn't be trying to negotiate
a MRU value that is the same as the default.

The worrying bit is that the other side sent only 2 bytes.  You could
try enabling "Async" logging and seeing what those bytes are, but I
don't know if it'll tell us much :-/

[.....]

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <brian@FreeBSD.org>, <bri@OpenBSD.org>