Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 01:25:37 +0100
From:      Matthew Whelan <muttley@gotadsl.co.uk>
To:        kirk@strauser.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, hawkeyd@visi.com
Subject:   Re: OT: Belkin KVM (Re: moused, psm0, and Logitech)

10/06/2002 23:28:07, hawkeyd@visi.com (D J Hawkey Jr) wrote:

>In article <87it4rgqey.fsf_pooh.int@ns.sol.net>,
>	kirk@strauser.com writes:
>>
>> At 2002-06-10T05:30:39Z, "Yeasah Pell" <yeasah@apocalypse.org> writes:
>>
>>> I make similar recommendations with respect to Belkin and KVMs, but I
feel
>>> I should comment on the quality of their USB KVM switches that they now
>>> make.  Having purchased one of the first models they made that supported
>>> USB, and more recently a just-released USB model, I have to say both are
>>> excellent in all regards save one -- the USB keyboard implementation is
>>> terrible.
>>
>> Thanks for the heads-up.  I also have a Belkin USB KVM (F1DS104T) and
would
>> never consider anything else, but I'm using it with a PS/2 Happy Hacking
>> keyboard.
>
>FWIT, I've had zero problems and full functionality with my Belkin OmniView
>PS/2 4-port (model #F1D066).

Similarly, I am very happy with the video quality on my D-Link 2-port KVM,
running at 1280x1024@85Hz, my only gripe being despite following standard
advice on kernel options for the mouse, it still desynchs sometimes (whereas
the win2k box that I'm using to write this mail on is fine with it). Caveat:
I don't have any need for X at the moment, so I haven't spent any real time
looking at the mouse problem.

Matthew