Date:      07 Mar 2002 21:29:52 +0000
From:      "David S. Geirsson" <andmann@andmann.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   uhci0: cannot map ports

--=-Ia0XcGA8YoUiRBcFHmM1

Hi. While trying to get USB working on my laptop, I encounter the
following:

uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> irq 128 at device  7.2
on pci0
uhco0: Could not map ports
device_probe_and_attach: uhci0 attach returned 6

And the USB controller does not work. (The messages didn't appear till I
enabled USB_DEBUG, UHCI_DEBUG and friends, btw).

The FreeBSD USB FAQ suggests that you should turn PNP OS to off in your
BIOS to fix this, but in this case, that is not possible (it's not an
option in the BIOS of this laptop).

How would one go about fixing this?

(btw, please CC me on all replies, as I'm not on the list.)

--
David S. Geirsson
andmann@andmann.eu.org

--=-Ia0XcGA8YoUiRBcFHmM1