Date:      Sat, 7 Apr 2001 23:43:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ethan <telmnstr@757.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dosemu question

Okay, here is an odd one.

Whenever I try to run dosemu, I always get this error:

laff# doscmd
Unknown interrupt 15 function 4101
Unknown interrupt 15 function 8796
doscmd: fatal error int16 func 0x1 only supported in X mode

I have tried the 95 boot disk, MS-DOS 6.0, 6.22 and OpenDOS something.

I do not have X installed on the system, and the goal was to run a simple
text based DOS application a friend wrote to drive a Dialogic voice mail
card. The application was written in Borland C and executes fine on a
386-40.... I just want network access to the system so I can use
soundforge under win95 to edit the files (I have a NFS client on the
PC)... and use unix scripts to rotate out the voice files exported in the
funky Dialogic format.

And of course, run it thru freebsd versus Windows..

There is no hope to go native with the app as dialogic doesn't support
that series cards under unix.