Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 2008 23:23:42 -0300
From:      "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania@gmail.com>
To:        "Benjie Chen" <benjie@addgene.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Interrupts issues

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Benjie Chen <benjie@addgene.org> wrote:
> Hi FreeBSD hackers:
>
> I have two Dell workstations that I recently added FreeBSD 6.2 on. One
> is a Precision T3400, one is an Inspiron 530. Nothing fancy. Installed
> FBsd. Everything else is fine except both machines have interrupt
> storm issues: one  core (both dual core) is 100% servicing interrupts.
> On the Precision, it's irq20 atapci, on Inspiron it's irq19 uhci. The
> other core is fine and both machines run well otherwise.
>
> I saw several recent posts on the net about some of these issues and
> did not find a resolution. It seems unlikely that it's just a ata or
> usb issue since both machines happen to have the same problem.
>
> Any thoughts?

Please provide the output of "dmesg" after a boot in verbose mode.
This may help the maintainers to understand your problem and give you
additional instructions.

Do you have any special reason to use FreeBSD 6.2? It is a rather old
version, so I'd suggest you to try  7.1 instead. There are prerelease
images available. Look at

     http://www.freebsd.org/where.html

--
cd /usr/ports/sysutils/life