Date:      Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:51:31 -0900
From:      Beecher Rintoul <akbeech@gmail.com>
To:        Nicolas Blais <nb_root@videotron.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linuxpluginwrapper (was linuxflashplugin)

--nextPart1251043.ADlDVlfjuQ

On Sunday 20 November 2005 05:11 pm, Nicolas Blais wrote:
> On November 20, 2005 09:02 pm, Beecher Rintoul wrote:
> > Sorry...Imeant to say pluginwrapper.
> > I accidently did a portupgrade on linuxpluginwrapper. That went ok, but
> > now I have no plugins in firefox,  either in
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins or anywhere else I have found. Any ideas
> > on how to fix this. All of the other ports are installed. Libmap.conf is
> > properly installed.
> >
> >  Beech
>
> What happens when you :
>
> cd /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins
> ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin6/flashplayer.xpt
> ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so
>
> and so on?
> Nicolas.

Actually I just figured it out. There's a WITH_PLUGINS knob in the port=20
makefile that I don't remember from before. Now it links plugins. One probl=
em=20
though, it puts them in browser_linux_plugins which native firefox doesn't=
=20
see. I relinked them into browser_plugins and now it works again. realplaye=
r=20
still doesn't work, but that's an old problem. Looks like that port is a bi=
t=20
broken so I'll fire the maintainer an email.
Thanks for the reply,

Beech
Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech@gmail.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \=20