Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:39:39 +0900
From:      "Masahiro Ariga" <mariga@cd.mbn.or.jp>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   how to die gracefully

My name is Masahiro Ariga,
I made a server-like program which receives data from another PC by using
socket and,inside,uses pipes and communicates among processes,and send those
finished data to client PC  using socket .
Right now,each process works in the form of infinite loops, and only way to
finish the program is to enter Ctl^C.
First loaded program works fine,and enters Ctl^C to exit it,but if I execute
it second time,it shows abnormalties like taking time to start to send data
to clent,and badly enough,it responds not at all.
I presume it results from not closing sockets,or residual memory or
something,but I'm not sure.

So,sinior UNIX programers,would you teach me next two questions ?

1.How should I exit gracefully by pushing Ctl^C. I mean,what should I do to
recover normal condition in preparation for next execution ?
2.I like to catch the signal when pushed Ctl^C,and make a handler
routine.Would you tell me what signal I can catch when enterring Ctl^C ?

My E-mail addres is,
mariga@cd.mbn.or.jp