Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 02:11:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      ADRIAN Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Subject:   Re: CRL Network Services Carries the Traffic of the Record-Breaking W alnut Creek CDROM FTP Site

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Open Systems Networking wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Rick Siple wrote:
>
> > News of ftp.cdrom.com's performance have made it beyond our sheltered
> > mailing lists.  Although the article centers on CRL, it mentions FreeBSD
> > in a positive light, to say the least.

	Very nice.  I was looing at the stats on the emsphone page and it
shows 6086.4 kB/s as the current daily average bandwidth.

	(6086 * 24 * 3600) / 1024 = 513506 kB/day

	Are the stats on emsphone this inaccurate, or is there that much
more traffice aside from ftp transfers?

	It's hard to imagine the results if this throughput were sustained
for a whole month.  It would be 15TB/month of traffic!

	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]