Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:57:59 -0500
From:      Lars Fredriksen <lars@odin-corporation.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   kern.hz=1000 causes random poweroff on laptop

--------------060909010204010608040304

Hi,
I have a laptop sony z505rx, that if booted with kern.hz as 1000, will
power off within a minute or two of booting. It does this regardless if
you boot with or without acpi. It is rock steady with kern.hz at 100.

On this particular laptop, most of the peripherals are routed through
irq 9, including acpi (ie cardbus, fxp, etc), so it might be that
running with kern.hz at a 1000, tickles an interrupt storm, but it is
hard to debug as the machine just goes completely dead.  The hard drive
is powered off (at least that is what is sounds like), the screen goes
black, and no interrupts are handled.

Any ideas as to what the cause might be? Anything I can do to pinpoint
anything?

Thanks,

Lars

--------------060909010204010608040304--