Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:37:15 +0800
From:      Aeefyu <afu-subscribed-list@aeefyu.net>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Probelms and Inconsistencies with Portupgrade

Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Aeefyu <afu-subscribed-list@aeefyu.net> writes:
>

>>Have been cvsup-ing for couple of days with the same
>>results. /usr/ports/INDEX is updated correctly, but will have errors
>>once I run portsdb -Uu. As of yesterday, I am skipping the "portsdb
>>-Uu" step after cvsup-ing ports-all. This is NOT a correct behaviour
>>for using portugrade, right?

> When I'm having trouble building an INDEX, I run "make describe" and
> see where it fails; that usually gives me the information I need to
> fix it.
>
> Good luck.

"make describe" fails with the following:
What should these be telling me?

===> databases/mytop
mytop-1.4|/usr/ports/databases/mytop|/usr/local|A top clone for
MySQL|/usr/ports/databases/mytop/pkg-descr|leeym@FreeBSD.org|databases||/usr/ports/databases/p5-DBD-mysql
/usr/ports/devel/p5-Term-ANSIColor /usr/ports/devel/p5-Term-ReadKey
/usr/ports/devel/p5-Time-HiRes|http://jeremy.zawodny.com/mysql/mytop/
===> databases/namazu2
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports

"portinstall -RvF databases/namazu" gives me:

[1028][root@beta: ports]$ portinstall -RvF databases/namazu2
--->  Session started at: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:32:12 +0800
** No such installed package nor such port called 'databases/namazu2' is
found.
** No package has been fetched.
--->  Session ended at: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:32:12 +0800 (consumed 00:00:00)

mytop installs successfully - but running "mytop" fails witha
segmentation fault.

The above has been done by building after re-building my ports tree from
scratch.

What manual steps or gotchas should i be aware of at this point?

Thanks again for your guys/gals time. Appreciated!

--
Feisal
Webcraft Solutions - http://www.webcraftsolutions.com