Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 1996 18:38:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Interesting bash bug - anyone else see this?

I just noticed it, myself.  It doesn't happen in sh or csh, so it's
definitely one for -bash and -current (if not also -stable; I dunno!).

<go to a directory with many files in it>
root@reason-> ls -lt | more
^Z
[2]+  Done                    ls -lt | more
root@reason-> fg
ls -lt | more
Broken pipe

Bug #1: Upon suspending, bash erroneously reports the background job's status
	as "Done", not "Suspended"

Bug #2: Upon resuming, we're hosed - the pipe breaks.

Note that this does NOT occur once ls actually starts filling the pipe,
then you can background and foreground it all day long and nothing bad
happens.

					Jordan