Date:      Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:07:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      PRITHU <prithula@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   getting IP address of host in FreeBSD

Dear all,
        I tried to get the IP address of the host in FreeBSD 5.4 using the getLocalhost() method of the InetAddress class. It gave an UnknownHost exception until I put the entry corresponding to the hostname in the file /etc/hosts. But, this solution is not good enough, since it requires to hard code the IP address and hostname mapping in the /etc/hosts/ file. Does anyone know how to get the IP address of the host by any other means?

  Thank You,
  Prithula Dhungel.