Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:51:49 -0400
From:      "Ryan Masse" <mail@max-info.net>
To:        "Omachonu Ogali" <missnglnk@informationwave.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "Nathan Vidican" <nathan@vidican.com>
Subject:   Re: State of PicoBSD

The build script from the 4.3-RELEASE picobsd source is
/usr/src/release/picobsd/build/picobsd. IMHO the picobsd source from
4.3-RELEASE is unreliable. I just spent the last 2 weeks pulling my hair out
trying to build a custom net image for a wireless picobsd setup. I finally
rm -rf /usr/src/release and cvsup'd the sources from 4.2-RELEASE in which
worked beautifully the first time around.

Ryan

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 10:24:09AM -0400, Nathan Vidican wrote:
> > I know of people running PicoBSD built from FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE sources,
as
> > well as 4.3-RELEASE, so it shouldn't be broken? You'll need the FreeBSD
> > source-code on a machine mounted to /usr/src, in order to build picobsd.
>
> This is what concerns me:
> $ ls -la /usr/src/release/picobsd/build/build
> ls: /usr/src/release/picobsd/build/build: No such file or directory
>
> And after taking a look at the CVS tree, it seems the build script was
> checked into the attic, is there now a new way of building PicoBSD?
>
> > Nathan Vidican
> > Nathan@Vidican.com
> > http://Nathan.Vidican.com/

PicoBSD