Date:      Sat, 30 Jun 2001 18:03:29 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: anything to create contact/business cards?

parv <parv_@yahoo.com> types:
> couldn't find anything relevant in /usr/ports... does anybody know of
> some software to create business/contact cards ... ok, or may be for
> linux (intended to be run in emulation)?

Either ghostscript or a good word processor will do the trick. If
you're using perfed cardstock, any word processor that can handle
tables should work. I ran off a couple of sheets of those earlier this
week with Applix Words, and of course you can just write the
postscript to generate the output you want and feed it to ghostscript,
or your printer if you've got a postscript printer. One function to
print a card, then a loop to cause it to be printed at each position
on the sheet.

If you're going through a print shop, ask them what formats they will
accept. The ones I've dealt with liked pdf. ps2pdf is part of the
ghostscript port, and should work fine on either of the two forms I
talked about for perfed cardstock, as I've as yet to see a WP that
wouldn't generate postscript to a file.

	<mike