Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 2008 18:53:27 -0700
From:      Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
To:        Jim Trigg <jtrigg@spamcop.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't install gnome2 - docbook-utils is broken

Jim Trigg wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Jim Trigg <jtrigg@spamcop.net> wrote:
>
>> First, docbook-utils insists that docbook-310 is not installed when it
>> is.  I tracked that one down:
>>
>> /usr/ports/textproc/docbook-utils/Makefile:
>> 19c19
>> <
>> ${LOCALBASE}/share/sgml/docbook/3.1/docbook.dtd:${PORTSDIR}/textproc/docbook-310
>> \
>> ---
>>
>>>                 ${LOCALBASE}/share/sgml/docbook/3.1/dtd:${PORTSDIR}/textproc/docbook-310 \

Please submit this as a send-pr.  I have fought repeatedly with the
docbook maintainers over fixing things like this to no avail.  Maybe if
more people complain, then they will actually attempt to actually fix
the multitude of docbook problems.

This issue is one that I cannot easily see in the files.  The errors in
docbook tend to be in places where things get added and deleted and the
resulting files never match expetations.  Something has to change, but I
do not know what it is.  I really do not want to have anything to do
with maintenance of this steaming pile, but the current maintainer does
not do a very good job either...

Sigh.

/Joe