Date:      Sun, 06 May 2001 03:59:37 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        Chris Dempsey <chris@luckyirish.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VM? WAS Dual Boot Win2K with RAID 0

Chris Dempsey wrote:

> What is the performance hit running as a virtual machine?  Some of the
> software I run atop Win2K is pretty performance stressing (complicated
> Photoshop, video editing).

Depends on the architecture. How much emulation is involved. Believe
there's a demo (time limited) available so you can judge for yourself
if the penalty is right for the crime.

Roelof

PS another benefit would seem to me to be that one could get away
with running Win95 or something in lieu of NT. Thereby saving on
royalties whilest still benefitting from the stability gains of
FreeBSD.