Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 11:14:58 -0400
From:      Michael Feld <michael@orionmedia.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ipfilter

Hi...

When attempting to build a custom kernel, after doing 'make depend'
and then make in my compiled kernel directory, I get the following
error during compilation:

cc -O -pipe -DIPFILTER_LKM -DIPFILTER_LOG  -D_KERNEL -Wall
-Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual
-fformat-extensions -ansi -DKLD_MODULE -nostdinc -I-  -I. -I@
-I@/../include  -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -c
/usr/src/sys/modules/ipfilter/../../netinet/mlfk_ipl.c
In file included from
/usr/src/sys/modules/ipfilter/../../netinet/mlfk_ipl.c:43:
@/netinet/ip_compat.h:267: osreldate.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules/ipfilter.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/FIREWALL.

I realize that it's looking for osreldate.h, but I can't figure out
where it's supposed to be.  The file exists in several places, but
I'm not sure where to put it to make the compiler see it.  Any
suggestions would be helpful.

Michael
--

I t'ink I'll paste dis  pat'etic palookah   wit' my  paralyzing,
perplexing, perfect, pachydermus percussion pitch....

-Bugs Bunny