Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 02:22:13 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Brad Hendrickse <bradh@iafrica.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd@os.org.za
Subject:   Re: CVSup to -current

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Brian Somers wrote:

> >  Hi there. I'm hoping you can help me with this problem..
> >
> >  I have a 33.6Kbps analogue leased-line with a FreeBSD box running as the
> > gateway. I'm using User-PPP with IP aliasing enabled. That machine has a
> > static IP. I then have 3 other PC's behind that one using the IP addresses
> > 192.168.1.x. The gateway PC is running on FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE, the
> > machine I'm having a problem with is running on 2.2-STABLE at the moment,
> > and I'm wanting to CVSup to 3.0-CURRENT. I can't seem to CVSup from that
> > machine, it times out when trying to connect to the server, but I have no
> > problem with FTP or HTTP. I've seen something about this in the archives,
> > but couldn't find a reply in there. Also, what I've tried doing as well,
> > was to CVSup from the gateway machine, and then copy the whole /usr/src
> > directory to the other machine. I then get an error when I try to 'make
> > world' (can't remember the error message now, but will mail it if
> > necessary. Although I'd prefer to CVSup from that machine instead)
>
> Use the -P switch to cvsup, and do a "make includes" before your
> "make world".

 Ahh, many thanks! The '-P' is what I was looking for. I'd read the man
page, but obviously hadn't looked hard enough, or didn't understand what
it meant. Thanks again!

--brad                                                    I'm a FreeBSD user--

Fortune:
Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse.