Date:      Fri, 1 Feb 2002 07:43:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Live" Streaming video with FreeBSD ?

At Fri, 1 Feb 2002 it looks like Patrik =C5str=F6m composed:

> I have found CamServ and ffmpeg but there seems to be problems with both,
> CamServ only supports one type of capture cards and ffmpeg don't work if
> one reads the FAQ at http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net. Is there anything els=
> or are these programs what one should use for streaming video/audio under
> FreeBSD ?.
>=20
> What is http://www.streamingserver.org/ ?, could this help me ?. The site
> seems to be closed though !.
>=20

I have purchased a Logitech Pro3000 USB camera that works with Linux
but got fed up with the software needed to run it for it demanded a
newer version of Linux and I was happy with my older version.

The software used is called "Camstream" and it enabled me to login
remotely to my house and find out "LIVE" which one of my cats was
actully the culprit in climbing up on my desk (giggle)

It was realtime, worked great but needed the newer XFree-4.x and
newer gt libs.=20

http://freshmeat.net/screenshots/1030/

If some capable coder would port this to FreeBSD I'd be one the
people who would have BOUGHT the software to make this work with
FreeBSD, or any other Unix OS even the Solaris (Sparc) box I'm
typing this email from at home!!!.

I'm all for opensource but I'm also for having stuff work too. :)

__
Bill Schoolcraft           =20
PO Box 210076                 -o)
San Francisco CA 94121         /\