Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:00:04 -0500
From:      Kirk R.Wythers <kwythers@umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnome seems broken after a 4.6 upgrade

I have just cvsup'ed to 4.6 stable. However, gnome (1.4) will only start =
for=20
root. I had to add myself as a new user since I messed up with mergemaste=
r=20
and blew away /etc/master.passwd. If I try xinit I get the gnome splash=20
screen, then nothing. I've checked .xinitrc, it still has exec gnome-sess=
ion.=20
I even coppied all of the .gnome stuff from /root/ (which as I said start=
s=20
gnome just fine). What else shoul I look at here?

Kirk