Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 02:53:57 -0400
From:      John Burg <john@johnburg.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weird MFS things

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 09:06:42PM -0400, Normand Leclerc wrote:
>      As there been changed in the kernel that could affect MFS?  I can't
> load the module without getting some kernel errors: /kernel:
> mfs_badop[vop_getvobject] = 22.  The worst thing is that as soon as this
> module is loaded, the kernel becomes highly unstable.  I unloaded it,
> the machine lasted about 5 minutes and got a kernel panic.

I've seen the same error with recent -STABLE builds. I'm using static MFS
support rather than a kernel module ("options MFS" in KERNCONF). In my case,
the error messages don't seem to be associated with any real problem. I just
commented out the relevant printf() calls, and it seems to work fine.

So, until this gets fixed, you might want to see if compiling with "options
MFS" helps you.

John Burg