Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 10:07:08 +1000
From:      John Vender <john@jmv.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Telnet settings (Mac to FreeBSD)

If you are using one of the common Mac OS telnet clients such as NiftyTelnet or BetterTelnet the defaults should work fine.

Cheers...John

p.s. make sure you add a line for the mac in /etc/hosts on the freebsd box or you'll be scratching your head why it takes forever to connect :)

p.p.s. telnet is particularly insecure, have a look at ssh, you can use NiftyTelnet to do ssh1 or MacSSH to do ssh2. MacSSH also allows you to do port forwarding for securing other services such as ftp and mail.