Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 1997 17:43:52 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Tom Wadlow <wadlow@pilot.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ethernet options on 2.2-GAMMA

> 	- The kernel boot messages place the zp0 (the Etherlink III)
> 	device init messages just a few lines before the screen clears
> 	to start the initialization.  Try as I might, I am not fast enough
> 	to read those lines to determine if it is successfully finding the
> 	zp0 device in the fraction of a second it is visible.

jkh points emphatically at the scroll-lock key and the "Usage" item
in the very first sysinstall menu which documents its usage. :-)

> 	- The Media selection option of the installation program does
> 	not list zp0 as an option.  It lists the SLIP, PPP and parallel
> 	options, but not zp0.  There seems to be no way to bypass this,
> 	or check directly for the presense of the zp0 device.

Then it didn't probe it - you can be fairly assured of that.

> Any thoughts as to how to proceed?  My thought is that a "hit space to

Install over a SLIP or PLIP connection?  Try a different PCCARD
adaptor? :-)

You might also try the PAO floppy - It's available from Tatsumi
Hosokawa's home page (I don't have an exact URL, but it's an easy net
search target) and has better support for PCCARD devices in general.

					Jordan