Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:27:30 +0530
From:      "Gautham Ganapathy" <gauthamg123list@myrealbox.com>
To:        "Dan Nelson" <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD.org - Hackers" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ? sysctl -a crashed the GENERIC kernel

> In the last episode (Mar 28), Gautham Ganapathy said:
> > > Fatal trap 12 : page fault while in kernel mode
> > > fault address        = 0x6351ec0c
> > > fault code           = supervisor read, page not found
>
> Is this repeatable, or did it only happen once?  Unexplained trap 12
> panics or signal 11 coredumps are usually due to an excessively
> overclocked CPU, or bad RAM.  Try dropping your CPU speed 5%.
>
> --
> Dan Nelson
> dnelson@allantgroup.com

It is repeatable. I tried it around 5 times. System is not overclocked
and i have never had problems with this RAM. besides, there are not
problems with the recompiled kernel. also i saw a somewhat similar post
in freebsd-questions shortly after mine with the same error. it was from
Jean-Yves Avenard with the subject "Problem with upgrading my FreeBSD
4.3"

regards
gautham