Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 21:19:24 -0700
From:      "David Anderson" <DRCAnderson@xtra.co.nz>
To:        "FreeBSD Mail List" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   lynx2-8-2 make file error code 2

Hi there
I am running FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE.
I am trying to setup Lynx2-8-2. The file
installation has been done off cdrom  and
I have done ./configure as suggested in
INSTALLATION. When I do a make I get this
error........

ranlib libintl.a
cd po && make CC="gcc"
make:dont know how to make cat-id-tbl.c. Stop
*** Error code 2
Stop

Can someone tell me exactly what file is missing?
I did a grep -l cat-id-tbl.c *.* and got the
references below but I am still not sure what
Im missing and where to get it from?

Thanks for any help
David Anderson

pulled from /usr/web/lynx2-8-2/intl/libgettext.h

#if HAVE_CATGETS
/* These two variables are defined in the
automatically by po-to-tbl.sed
   generated file `cat-id-tbl.c'.  */
extern const struct _msg_ent _msg_tbl[];
extern int _msg_tbl_length;

pulled from /usr/web/lynx2-8-2/intl/linux-msg.sed

#
# The .msg file contains, other then the .po file,
only the translations
# but each given a unique ID.  Starting from 1 and incrementing by 1
for
# each message we assign them to the messages.
# It is important that the .po file used to
generate the cat-id-tbl.c file
# (with po-to-tbl) is the same as the one used
here.  (At least the order
# of declarations must not be changed.)
#

pulled from /usr/web/lynx2-8-2/intl/makefile.in

libintl.la: $(OBJECTS)
 $(LIBTOOL) --mode=link $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ $(OBJECTS) \
     -version-info 1:0 -rpath $(libdir)

../po/cat-id-tbl.$lo: ../po/cat-id-tbl.c
$(top_srcdir)/po/$(PACKAGE).pot
 cd ../po && $(MAKE) cat-id-tbl.$lo