Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:02:13 -0600
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>, marcel@cup.hp.com, emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Bogon" Discovered in linux.ko syscall-mapping

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 07:27:51AM -0800, Mike Smith wrote:
> > >You're probably right. We can't map Linux' reboot to FreeBSDs as is.
> >
> > Yeah.  I have a simplistic linux wrapper for the reboot call somewhere,
> > I should dig it up and commit it.
>
> The real problem, actually, is not this at all.

Uhm, no.  The real problem is this:

linux_sysent.c: { AS(reboot_args), (sy_call_t *)reboot },    /* 88 = reboot */

We can't do that, we need a "linux_reboot" function which interprets
the arguments and does not reboot the machine when the call attempts
to change the "Ctrl-Alt-Delete" setting.  I'll dig up my patch after
Thanksgiving and commit it.

> The problem is that we assume that an unbranded static ELF binary is a
> FreeBSD binary (this is wrong), and attempt to execute it as such.

This may also be true, but is orthogonal to the reboot issue.
--
Jonathan