Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2006 14:48:45 +0300
From:      andreas Sotirakopoulos <menwn@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org.
Subject:   ADSL Internet Sharing

Hi,
I have some problems sharing my adsl internet connection
between my FreeBSD 6.0 Box (server) and my Ubuntu 6.0.6
box (client). I use a crossover cable to connect the two PCs and
on the FreeBSD PC I have an onboard network card (fxp0) and
an wireless card (ural0) and on my Ubuntu box I have one NIC (eth0).

My goal is to have my internet connection shared. The router I use
to have internet access from my BSD box is downstairs so I connect to the
internet via my wireless card.

The ip address of the router is 192.168.1.1 and of my fxp0 interface
192.168.0.1. Of my eth0 is 192.168.0.2. I have set on Ubuntu as gateway
192.168.0.1 (my BSD box's address).

Also i can ping the two pc from each other, but from ubuntu i cannot ping
the router or any internet address. I have the following to my /etc/rc.conf

gateway_enable="YES"
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="OPEN"
natd_enable="YES"
natd_interface="fxp0"
natd_flags=""

and the option described on the Handbook compiled in the Kernel. What
i missing?
thanks in advance
andreas Sotirakopoulos

All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html