Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:26:51 +0100
From:      Zigurds <zigurds.kalnroze@miesnieks.lv>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Please, help me

--------------1B6BCB2CFBA2B1D0DF070045

   Hi
   I bought FreeBSD 3.2 (Walnut Creek CDROM, FreeBSD Power Pack), but I
can't install it on my computer. The installation from CDROM (with
booting from CDROM, without floppys) is going on all right till I get
the message -
   Probing devices, please wait (this can take a while) ...
   Then installation becomes silent without any additional information.
I waited
sometimes 20 minutes and more.
   The cofiguration of my computer is this:
   - MBoard CC820
   - CPU Intel Pentium III 450 MHz  512KB
   - 2DIMM's PC100 64 SDRAM M.tec ( = 128MB )
   - HDD 13.5GB IBM IDE
   - VGA ATI 3D 4MB AGP
   - Monitor 17'' SCOTT 772
   - FDD 3.5'' 1.44MB Mitsumi
   - CDROM 32X TEAC

   Can you tell me what the matter is ?
   I have some experience with this FreeBSD on my old computer (Pentium
90MHz
SCSI). All is going on OK. I am a programmer and I like UNIX ( and
FreeBSD)
very much, but I can't install FreeBSD on my new machine. It's great
annoyance.
Can you help me ?
   Excuse my bad english.
   My best regards, Zigurd
   Latvia, Riga

--------------1B6BCB2CFBA2B1D0DF070045

&nbsp;&nbsp; Hi
Pack), but I can't install it on my computer. The installation from CDROM
(with booting from CDROM, without floppys) is going on all right till I
get the message -
...</b>
information. I waited
(Pentium 90MHz