Date:      Sat, 14 Jul 2001 13:44:16 +0900
From:      "R. Lahaye" <lahaye@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HELP: messed up my 4.3 system; can't recompile kernel etc.

Hi,

First of all: I'm a very newbie in FreeBSD world.

All my problems started off with me wanting to update a few
ports. I played with cvsup, which all of a sudden started to
update into my /usr/src and /usr/src/contrib etc.

This was causing trouble when I tried to recompile my kernel.

Apparently I have updated the system in /usr.

Since I'm not yet in a stage of trying bleeding-edge FreeBSD
releases, I would very much want to reverse that cvsup update.

I have the 4.3 CDROM installation.

Can someone tell me the best way how to get back to me original
4.3 system?

Thank you!

Rob.