Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:55:49 -0300
From:      Fred Souza <fred@storming.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Panic while on mid-load network traffic

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

Hello,

  I first noticed this last night, after recompiling the kernel to fix
  the delayed ACKs bug. What happens is that if I only use the network
  "regularly" (fetchmail/web browsing/IRC/IM/etc), the system seemed to
  run normally. But after launching a gnutella client, the system panics
  with the following message on the console (the first 3 times it
  occurred I was running gtk-gnutella, so I thought it could be either
  gtk-gnutella- or X-related and tried with mutella on the console with
  the same result):

  fault virtual address   =3D 0x2e405
  fault code              =3D supervisor write, page not present
  instruction pointer     =3D 0x8:0xc025d976
  stack pointer           =3D 0x10:0xcce85cd8
  frame pointer           =3D 0x10:0xcce85ce0
  code segment            =3D base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                          =3D DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
  processor eflags        =3D interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL =3D 0
  current process         =3D 13 (swi6: tty:sio clock)
  trap number             =3D 12
  panic: page fault

  syncing disks, buffers remaining... panic: bwrite: buffer is not busy???
  Uptime: 32m54s
  pfs_vncache_unload(): 2 entries remaining
  Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on console to abort

  I remember I reported a trap about 2 years ago for a 4.x-STABLE
  system, and when I pasted the error message someone asked me to
  perform other steps to further investigate what was going on. But I
  can't seem to remember what those steps were, so if anyone needs any
  other info, just ask and I'll provide.

  Fred

--=20
"God isn't dead, he just couldn't find a parking place."

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ--