Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 2021 21:35:48 +0000
From:      Daniel Stevenson <daniel@dstev.net>
To:        Steven Friedrich <FreeBSD@twc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange anomaly when Netgear A6100 - AC600 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter plugged in on boot

On Thursday, February 18th, 2021 at 04:40, Steven Friedrich <FreeBSD@twc.co=
m> wrote:

> Starting devd.
>
> Cannot 'start' webcamd. Set webcamd_enable to YES in /etc/rc.conf or use
>
> 'onestart' instead of 'start'.
>
> There's nothing in /etc/rc.conf to invoke webcam. Nothing in /etc/devd.co=
nf

> (AFAIK). I haven't modified devd.conf
>
> If I unplug the adapter and reboot, no message about webcam appears.
>
> Here's the device as reported by pciconf -lv
>
> none6@pci0:2:0:0: class=3D0x028000 card=3D0x831a103c chip=3D0xc82110ec
>
> rev=3D0x00 hdr=3D0x00
>
> vendor =3D 'Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.'
>
> device =3D 'RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter'
>
> class =3D network
>
> Here's the dmesg
>
> ugen0.2: <Realtek 802.11ac WLAN Adapter> at usbus0
>
> rtwn0 on uhub0
>
> rtwn0: <802.11ac WLAN Adapter > on usbus0
>
> rtwn0: MAC/BB RTL8821AU, RF 6052 1T1R

Whether or not you have a line in your /etc/rc.conf that says
webcamd_enable=3D"NO", webcamd is disabled by default.  You have to
override this by setting webcamd_enable=3D"YES".

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?3NuVFSUFpLfNAzIZEuwi2OwMSsm4sJlmOWsMwZ007PEJi0qEH_7CKDlR1Bjec0iTqkiSiovw9obysHZaQbejelU6QcDrUHOzxK33Wi7pny8=>