Date:      Thu, 05 Jan 2006 20:41:35 -0500
From:      Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, martines@rochester.rr.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: sysutils/smartmontools (more RCng problems)

Doug Barton wrote:
> Mike Jakubik wrote:
>
>> This is yet another port that does not work properly because of the
>> recent RCng commits in 6-STABLE. Smartd does not startup on bootup, it
>> has to be manually started.
>>

> Can you give us a hint as to how it's failing? Any error messages on the
> console? Try changing REQUIRE to LOGIN, and removing the BEFORE line and see
> if that helps.

I cant see the bootup screen as i have no monitor or console attached to
this system. The logs don't show any problems. I edited smartd.sh as
follows:

file "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/smartd.sh"

#!/bin/sh
# $FreeBSD: ports/sysutils/smartmontools/files/smartd.sh,v 1.5
2005/11/18 11:46:38 flz Exp $

# PROVIDE: smartd
# REQUIRE: LOGIN
# KEYWORD: FreeBSD shutdown

# Define these smartd_* variables in one of these files:

However this did not help.