Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 1998 20:52:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Charlie Roots <osiris2002@yahoo.com>
To:        Tommy Hallgren <md6tommy@mdstud.chalmers.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2.1 to 2.2-stable

Hi Tommy,
Never delete /usr/src unless you have very GOOD reasons ??

Now the CVSUP is excellent and intelligent enough to speedup to
'whatever' version you like.  Much more faster than re-downloading the
whole GANG.

Now to be more accurate, you have to read some docs to figure out
which collections you want to cvsup, eg. for all sources, or only
crypto stuff, or add www pages, etc....

The difference between one and the othre option is the same difference
between the east and wes coasts of USA.  so be careful.

Tip:  DELETE your current CPU, its killing you without it telling you
that it is ;-)

Greetings

---Tommy Hallgren <md6tommy@mdstud.chalmers.se> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Can anyone tell me if it is faster to install 2.2.1 sources and
cvsup to
> 2.2-stable or to clean /usr/src and then cvsup to 2.2-stable?
>
> My machine is a 486 66MHz and my modem a 33k6 one and I'm currently
> running 2.2.1 FreeBSD.
>
> (Please cc me since I'm not on this list)
>
> regards, Tommy

==
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.