Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 2013 22:04:36 -0500
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com>, FreeBSD questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: svn & new pkg system

Giorgos Keramidas writes:

>  > Is svn going to become part of the base system in 9.2-RELEASE?
>
>  No.

	[good reasons for not including subversion ellided]

	On the other hand ...
	The traditional - and I believe still canonical - way of
updating the system is to recompile from source.
	I know I am not alone in feeling the system is substantially
incomplete if it does not come with all the tools necessary to do
that.
	(Not slighting freebsd-update (don't know enough about it to
have an opinion); just pointing out it has limitations.)

	Respectfully,

			Robert Huff