Date:      Sat, 10 Mar 2001 18:07:56 +0200
From:      Angelin Lazarov Lalev <alalev@uni-svishtov.bg>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   what means "configured irq X not in bitmap of probed irqs 0"

  Hi everyone,
I need to install isa 8 port multicom device on one of my FreeBSD boxes.
I set the jumers, as said in the device manual and put into the kernel
configuration file the following lines

options         COM_MULTIPORT
device          sio4    at isa? port 0x280 irq 5 flags 0x401
device          sio5    at isa? port 0x288 flags 0x401
device          sio6    at isa? port 0x290 flags 0x401
device          sio7    at isa? port 0x298 flags 0x401
device          sio8    at isa? port 0x2A0 flags 0x401
device          sio9    at isa? port 0x2A8 flags 0x401
device          sio10   at isa? port 0x2B0 flags 0x401
device          sio11   at isa? port 0x2B8 flags 0x401

then set into the CMOS setup, that irq 5 should be reserved for isa
cards and booted the new
kernel, but than I got:

sio4: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio5: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio11: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0

Any ideas ?