Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 1996 01:56:20 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Denis DeLaRoca 825-4580 (310) <CSP1DWD@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org, hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Vat 4.0b2 and GUS Driver

Hi,

Just wait till my site comes back up . I have to polish up my current
version of the GUS PnP driver. The repeat loop happens if vat
does not feed the GUS on time --- and I had a nice long chat with
AMD about their "feature".... (The GUS PnP uses the AMD Interwave)

As for the Mike sliders, I have sorted out what is going on the GUS PnP.

Long time ago, I used to init my gus pnp on dos and then soft boot to
FreeBSD --- with that version of the dos gus pnp driver the mic level control
on freebsd used to work fine however after a dos gus pnp driver update  I never
managed to get the mic level working again .. Now, why am I mentioning
DOS? Well, if I had had a compatible DOS sound driver it would have been
a lot easier to figure out the GUS PnP Register settings on FreeBSD .