Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 09:58:20 +0100
From:      "Customer Support" <support@invictanet.co.uk>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ftp & telnet

Hi

I have just installed FreeBSD3.4 on a new server that I want to put online asap.

My problem is that when I try to telnet or ftp to this server, the conection just sits and waits until it eventually times out.

This happens when trying to connect from another FreeBSD machine (3.4 & 4.0) and also from a Win98 machine.

All these machines are currently on a 192.168.* network and all other services (DNS, HTTPD etc)seem to work fine.

Anyone have any ideas please?

Martyn Routley