Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:50:18 +1000
From:      Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   no usable cvsup servers in .au

cvsup.au is not responding (and hasn't been for a while):

hellcat$ telnet cvsup.au.freebsd.org cvsup
Trying 203.16.234.19...
telnet: connect to address 203.16.234.19: Connection refused
Trying 203.16.234.20...
telnet: connect to address 203.16.234.20: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

cvsup1.au (which is pointless as it is on the other side of the ISP that hosts
cvsup.au) is running the old buggy (s1g) version so will be buggering people's
source directories (as I found to my cost....):

ns$ telnet cvsup2.au.freebsd.org cvsup
Trying 202.3.32.11...
Connected to neutron.ideal.net.au.
Escape character is '^]'.
OK 16 0 REL_16_0 CVSup server ready
quit
Connection closed by foreign host.

cvsup3.au is accepting connections but just not responding:

ns$ telnet cvsup3.au.freebsd.org cvsup
Trying 203.1.72.77...
Connected to cvsup3.au.freebsd.org.
Escape character is '^]'.